How to amplify your social media content strategy?
Content strategy is about planning, creation, delivery and governance of content.
Social media is similar to traditional mouth-publicity. It increases the reliability and credibility of a brand. It is not just a medium to publish your content, but, it is also a way to attract the potential buyers. The ‘Likes’ of Facebook posts can be treated as sales leads.
But, how do you know that your content is reaching the potential customers?
It is when you start generating leads through social campaigns, and they get converted into potential sales, then, you can be sure that you have applied an effective strategy to your social media plan.
An effective social media content strategy is the one, which ensures that the customers get the required information and the right time. Therefore, it is important to deliver relevant, fresh, and consistent content across various channels, to target consumers.
Businesses create content such as blogs, articles, whitepapers, case studies, videos, infographics, and invest in SEO, PPC, email marketing and advertising, to drive traffic and generate leads.
An effective social media content strategy has some key considerations like:
- Whom are we making the content available to or who is our audience?
- What do they want to know/learn?
- What structure do they want their data in?
- What platform do they want their data on?
- What should be the data publishing frequency?
- What value does your content add to the already existing data?
Moreover, to publish this content, there should be a process to follow which promises a good return out of it.
- Creating a series of effective content such as blogs, articles, eBooks, whitepapers and infographics
- Publishing the content on various social media channels
- Ensuring the popularity with the audience by the likes, retweets, shares it gets
- Tracking the followers or visitors and leads that have been charmed by your content
Creating effective content and publishing it correctly (right content on the right platform at the right time and to the right audience) is just one part of the process. Measuring the impact of this is the critical part in content amplification process. Analytics enables marketers to gain insights of any social media content strategy. Thus, it allows businesses to redefine their strategy. Therefore, it is imperative to have an objective, a process and the right analytic tools which can interpret the effect of your social media plan and do the necessary course correction to strengthen your social media content strategy and make the social campaigns more powerful.
The article was originally published in The Financial Express.