Benefits of cloud based load testing
Standard on-premise testing can no longer provide the required level of performance surety essential to compete in the current global marketplace. Cloud based testing tool can be leveraged to evaluate the performance of the application from any geographical location. The performance tests can be run with the load generators/agents across any location with hundreds of thousands of users.
Cloud based load testing gives you complete load testing flexibility in both development and production environment. Tests can be conducted quickly and continuously with real-time insights of end-to-end performance. It helps in determining how fast some aspects of a system work under a particular workload regarding responsiveness and stability.
Below are some of the several benefits of cloud based load tests that enable thorough testing of business-critical applications without breaking the bank.
- Ease to use: All you need to get started is a Team Foundation Service account. You can simply connect to this account from Visual Studio and get started instantly, without any pre-requisites.
- On-demand scalability: This property allows to increase or decrease the user load/test load to configure as per the production requirements, whether from 1000 to 5000 users or from 5000 to 50 users. Such scalability enables you to measure the actual performance of the application and allows you to create a replica of the production environment.
- Same tests work on-premises and on the cloud: All tests you have authored on-premises -load tests, declarative web performance tests, coded web tests or unit tests, can be run on the cloud.
- Real world condition and load: It covers all ideal conditions for testing behind firewall, third side traffic, disconnection and DNS errors, which you can never find after deploying your application on a live production server. It also covers other values as response time, throughput, and average page time, among others. Cloud testing makes use of cloud-computing resources in order to simulate real users who come directly from the Internet.
- Save capex or space: It reduces the capital expenditure with the following added advantages:
- No need to buy new hardware; same hardware can be used.
- No support engineer needed for hardware.
Most enterprises have made significant investments in data center infrastructure, which directly impacts the capex. Thus, the cloud is a better approach to save capex.
- Save time: It involves fewer efforts and thus saves time.
- Agility: Cloud testing allows you to run tests from anywhere. This allows flexibility in scheduling task and reducing the risk of failure as it provides the testing environment up to the breakdown points.
- Get deeper insights about performance: You can get complete server and client diagnostics when you simulate real-time load patterns for your application.
- Free load testing: Cloud based testing using Visual Studio allows 20,000 virtual user minutes per month to load test at no extra charge.