Project Management is a difficult road to travel. Very often, managing a project involves an on-going battle with deadlines, budget and resource allocation. Studies have shown that almost 30% of the projects do not meet the deadline or are off the schedule. Basically a delayed or unsuccessful project management is a result of an inexperienced and inexpert manager.
Project managers role involve a lot of responsibilities such as creating, maintaining, updating schedule, coordinating with other team members, project managers, resource managers etc.
In order to make the life of a project manager easy and to make project management tasks effortless, Microsoft Project Server 2013 brings Project Web App 2013 (PWA) which is a resilient web application that can be used to do anything from project management to filling timesheet, updating task status and creating project proposals to manage project portfolios. This well-built web application makes the life of project managers easy and comfortable and gives a new ray of light for inexperienced managers to learn and manage projects.
The features which can be used by a project manager to successfully manage a project using Project Web App 2013 (PWA 2013) are:
- Record timesheet hours or task status of the project and team members.
- View, modify, and analyze information for one or more resources who are assigned to the tasks in projects.
- Obtain detailed information of an individual project or more than one project within an organisation.
- Easier automation of the process of receiving and requesting status information in the form of status reports.
- Understand the health of an organization in terms of cost and resources using OLAP reports interactively with the help of pivot charts or tables.
- Easy collaboration with Project Professional 2013 + Sharepoint 2013 + Microsoft Outlook 2013 for managing day to day task activities.
- Resources can give information about any project risks, issues or any other area which can affect the project health.
There are some other great resources from where you can get more information on Project Web App 2013 – Office.com and TechNet. You can also post your Queries, issues and can initiate discussions on a discussion forum.